Many people question the value of social media for B2B companies. I recently gave two sessions trying to answer these questions:
- Why/How do B2B companies engage in social media?
- What should companies listen to on the social web and how?
- What type of content should your company be generating?
- What is social search and how does it effect marketing?
- What are first steps businesses can take to start participating in the social web?
My main points are as follows:
- Social media can be used to achieve many of your business objectives (generating awareness, capturing leads, sales, recruitment, etc…).
- The main opportunity for social media in B2B organizations is establishing yourself as a thought leader.
- Create content that appeals to a wider audience then just your current customers.
- Become a destination for anyone looking to learn more about the industry.
- We’re moving away from static search toward recommendations.
- It is critical to have conversations going on about your company.
Video and Slides below: