- We get all fired up about new ideas
- We’re really good at building the first iteration or two of a product
- We love working on a wide variety of platforms and across multiple verticals.
Today, I’m proud to announce our latest venture, Startup Giraffe: a product development shop focused exclusively on translating ideas into minimum viable products. In other words, we’ll build the first version of your startup for cash and a small slice of equity.
We’ve started talking to a bunch of non-technical founders, business school students, corporate dreamers, and companies who don’t have the right type of in-house talent. We’ve realized that options for people to get a new product off the ground are extremely limited. Existing development companies are charging huge sums for builds that are far more complex and time-consuming than necessary.
Our goal is to simplify and expedite the development process for entrepreneurs. Here’s how we do it:
- We work with entrepreneurs to define their minimum viable product, or the simplest product they need to test their market assumptions.
- We collaborate with entrepreneurs on wireframes and graphic design
- We build the web or mobile application rapidly (typically 2-3 weeks)
Once we have delivered the first iteration of the product, our involvement becomes more strategic. We offer technical, marketing and product feedback as needed. With a first iteration in hand, entrepreneurs can then begin: validating assumptions, gathering customer feedback, raising funds and finding a technical co-founder.
I’m excited about this for so many reasons and really believe this fits our teams strengths and interests perfectly.
Got a project idea? Get in touch at ak(at)amitklein(dot)com.